"Priest of Supreme Peace 太平道人 (tài píng dào rén)"
Wikipedia link: Yu Ji Wiki
Who is he:
This Daoist priest had only half a chapter's air-time, but his impact on the story was enormous. If not for Yu Ji, Sun Quan 孙权 would not have become ruler of the Wu Kingdom. While Sun Ce 孙策 was still alive, the officers of Wu Kingdom gathered around an old Daoist priest one day. Sun Ce was very averse to superstition and became extremely upset that his people were listening to hocus-pocus nonsense. That Daoist priest, Yu Ji, was thus thrown into prison, which greatly alarmed many officers and citizens. Till then, Yu Ji has constantly been healing the sick with magic for free and has done a lot of social good. Sun Ce refused to pardon Yu Ji and ordered him executed. Alas, the magic of Yu Ji cursed Sun Ce and Sun Ce began seeing apparitions of Yu Ji everywhere he went. It was thus that Sun Ce went mad and died from a ruptured wound.
Character ability: "Bewilder 盅惑 (zhōng huò)"
Whenever you use a Basic Card (like ATTACK 杀, PEACH 桃 etc.) or Non-Time-Delay Tool cards (such as DISMANTLE 过河拆桥, NEGATE 无懈可击 etc.), you can verbalize the intended card but play the card faced down on the table. If nobody doubts the authenticity of the card, the card takes the effect as verbalized. If there is (are) any player(s) that doubt the authenticity of the card, the card must be flipped over to expose the true identity of the card.
- If the card is real, every player that expressed doubted will lose 1 unit of health.
- If the card is a fake, every player that expressed doubt gets to draw 1 card from the deck.
Regardless whether the card is real or fake, the card is rendered useless as long as it has been flipped over UNLESS the card is both real and has a suit of "hearts", in which case the card still is effective.
Ability's relation to the story:
Yu Ji never actually spread any stories or propaganda in his time alive, but Sun Ce simply refused to believe it. Thus the basis of the ability "Bewilder" comes from Sun Ce's accusation that Yu Ji was bewildering his citizens.
Additional info based on story:
1. Most famous achievement - Controlling the weather. Yu Ji was asked by Sun Ce to prove that he was no trickster by summoning the rain amidst a drought. Yu Ji successfully brought the rain, which came in torrents and flooded the city, but still Sun Ce was not appeased.
2. Cause of death - Executed in public by Sun Ce. After bringing the rain, Sun Ce ordered Yu Ji beheaded. His officers pleaded on behalf of Yu Ji, which enraged Sun Ce further. He questioned all within earshot if they were revolting because of this priest, and no one dare speak up after that. After Yu Ji was executed, Sun Ce had his body displayed in public for all to see, but the corpse mysteriously vanished the following day. Thereafter, Yu Ji haunted Sun Ce till he became mad and died.
FAQ and Disambiguation
1. Will a card be rendered useless or effective if it's true identity is ''heart'' peach but is verbalised as Attack Card?
Ans: The will be rendered useless because it was a bluff.
The sequence follows the following order of steps:
Step 1 : Authentic or bluff?? Bluff=card rendered useless(regardless of suit),Authentic=Go to step 2
Step 2: Is the authentic card of a heart suit?No=card rendered useless, Yes= card still effective.
2. If i used an attack card that was'nt heart, and I said it was an attack, but people doubt it, they will get hit once,but the attack I used will not work anymore?
Ans: Yes that is correct.
3. If I use an attack card, and no one guessed it was a bluff, it gets used as an attack card even if it is'nt a heart?
Ans: Yes that is also correct.
4. If no one doubted the card, do you have to flip it over after the effect is used?
Ans: This is arguable. A friend of mine plays the online version, and in that version the bluff card is exposed after conclusion of effect. However in our ''real-life'' version, our house rules are a card that was never doubted will never be exposed. his prevents other players from counting probability. I'm calling this one as dependent on house-rules.
5. Do we need to specify our ATTACK element if the enemy has Rattan Armor?
Ans: Yes. if the enemy has Rattan Armor, you will need to specify your ATTACK element. If you verbalise a FIRE ATTACK but in reality is a normal attack, it is considered that you lied.
6. If he plays a card face down and it is the actual card and Cao Cao is on the field. Cao Cao declared it as a bluff, but since it was wrong would Cao cao take the card since Cao Cao is damaged?
Ans: No Cao Cao cannot take the card that is a fake. The reason is due to Cao Cao's ability description . He can only pick up the card that caused him damage. In Yu Ji's case, it is Yu Ji's ability that caused the damage, and not the fake card. This is identical to 貂蝉 Diao Chan using ''Seed of Animosity 离间'' against Cao Cao , where if Cao Cao suffers damage, he cannot pick up the card that Diao Chan used.
7. If the bluff card was fake and suit of heart, and people called it, it is rendered ineffective and the players who called the bluff draw a card or they don't? Because it is a heart card?''
Ans: As long as it is a fake, the card will be rendered useless once the bluff is called. It does not matter even if it is heart-suit. The players who call your bluff get to draw 1 card each. The heart-suited card ONY works when the card is real.
8. If Yu Ji plays Dodge facedown, even though it is real, and it gets doubted, does Yu Ji lose 1 life since his 'dodge' becomes useless, which is unable to dodge the attack?''
Ans: This is correct ONLY IF that dodge is not heart suit.
Once any card is under doubt and flipped over, it becomes useless(which in your scenario, the dodge is wasted and Yu Ji needs to use another dodge card to evade the attack) unless the suit of the card is heart, in which case the card is still effective(which in your scenario, if the dodge card flipped over is heart suit, Yu Ji does not need another dodge.)
9. If SiMa Yi called his bluff , and it was a real card, and he gets hit, does he still get to take a card from Yu Ji, and is he able to take the bluff card?
Ans: Sima Yi cannot take any card from Yu Ji . The reasin is Yu Ji's ability causes the victim to ''lose a unit health''. It is akin to the victim being stupid enough to guess wrongly, and therefore the damage is due ti his own fault.
10. Can Yu Ji bluff time delay cards such as Bing Liang Cun Duan , Le Be Si Shu, lightning etc?
Ans: Nope . Those are the only cards he cannot bluff.
11. How does expression of doubt work? One after the other by turn order, or must everyone give an answer at the same time?
Ans: The official way that doubt is expressed is by turn order. The official way goes like this:
1. Yuji plays a card upside down.
2. Player using Yuji asks the player on his right, '' do you doubt this card?''
3. Reply must be obtained before going to the next player.
4. All players must be asked.
12. Can the player that plays Yu Ji doubt his own card?
Ans: No he cannot.
13. If Yu Ji 于吉 plays a hearts ''PEACH 桃'' and Cao Cao曹操 doubts it, so the card is revealed. Since the card is true and hearts , Yu Ji gains 1 life. Since the card is true, Cao Cao 曹操 loses 1 life and takes the peach. In this case Cao Cao 曹操 is in a sure win situation? Coz if Yu Ji 于吉 lies, Cao Cao 曹操 still gain one card.
Ans: Cao Cao CANNOT take the Peach card?
The reason is Cao Cao loses a unit of health due to Yu Ji's ability. It is not the Peach card that causes him to lose health.
Therefore when Cao cao loses health whenever he guesses Yu Ji's cards wrongly he will never pick up any of the cards.