"Demon King 魔王 (mó wáng)"
Wikipedia link: Dong Zhuo Wiki
Who is he:
Despite the unpopularity of Cao Cao 曹操 or Si Ma Yi 司马懿, people give due credit to their accomplishments. Dong Zhuo, on the other hand, is unpopular to the point of hatred. He was a general with a bad name before he answered the call to rid the Emperor of the corrupt officials. In the ensuing chaos, the young Emperor and his half-brother was separated from their guards and loyalists. By a stroke of luck, Dong Zhuo found the Emperor and used the opportunity to seize power. He proclaimed himself Chancellor and brutally executed those who opposed him. Nobody, not even the Emperor, dared to speak out against him. From then on, the Imperial palace became Dong Zhuo's garden of sin. He ate and pampered himself as if he was Emperor, even slept on the Emperor's bed and raped the palace maids and concubines. His thirst for lust would become his downfall as a wedge was driven between him and his foster son (and his greatest military general) Lu Bu 吕布, thanks to the appearance of the beautiful Diao Chan 貂蝉.
Character ability 1: "Drown in Wine 酒池 (jiǔ chí)"
You can use any of your on-hand cards with a suit of "spades" as WINE 酒.
Character ability 2: [Enforced ability] "Garden of Lust 肉林 (ròu lín)"
When you use ATTACK 杀 on a female character and vice versa, the targeted character needs to use 2 DODGE 闪 cards to successfully evade the attack.
Character ability 3: [Enforced ability] "Disintegrate 崩坏 (bēng huài)"
At the end of every turn, if your health is not the least or amongst the least, you must lose 1 unit of health or reduce his maximum health by 1 unit.
Character ability 4: [Ruler ability] "The Tyrant 暴虐 (bào nüè)"
When other Heroes 群雄 characters cause any damage to other players, you can flip a judgement card. If the judgement card is the suit of "spades", Dong Zhuo will regain 1 unit of health.
Ability's relation to story:
"Drown in Wine" is based on him abusing his status and indulging in alcohol. It can be assumed that the palace is in large supply of wine and that Dong Zhuo will drink himself happily silly every night.
"Garden of Lust" is interesting. We know that Dong Zhuo is every woman's nightmare: burly, ugly, smelly, lusty, but powerful. Female characters would be at a disadvantage against a brute like him, thus the penalty of 2 DODGE cards. However Dong Zhuo's downfall was also due to a woman! The game makers penalized him by according him the same disadvantage. Very clever on their part!!
"Disintegrate" might be referring to his indulgent days ebbing away his ability to do anything else. The story never specifically pointed this out, but I suppose this is what the game-makers intended. Either that or they just needed a reason to justify giving him 8 units of health!
"The Tyrant" has little basis in the story and is probably created to counter the effects of "Disintegrate"
Additional info based on story:
1. Most famous achievement - Killing the "Emperor". Dong Zhuo replaced Emperor Shao 汉少帝 with Emperor Xian 汉献帝, then confined Emperor Shao and his mother. As the coalition led by Yuan Shao 袁绍 began stirring trouble for Dong Zhuo, he grew weary of keeping Emperor Shao alive. He forced the ex-Emperor, his mother and their servant to commit suicide by drinking poison.
2. Cause of death - Killed by his foster son, Lu Bu. After Diao Chan is betrothed to Dong Zhuo, Lu Bu becomes irrational with jealousy. It became easy for Wang Yun 王允, the mastermind, to convince Lu Bu to kill Dong Zhuo and take Diao Chan for himself. By tricking Dong Zhuo into thinking that the Emperor was going to abdicate the throne to him, they managed to lure Dong Zhuo into the palace unarmed. The troops were ordered to kill Dong Zhuo, and in a panic Dong Zhuo cried out to Lu Bu for help. The disloyal Lu Bu promptly impaled Dong Zhuo by the throat.
FAQ and Disambiguation
1. Can Dong Zhuo use his 4th ability if he is not the Ruler?
Ans: No he cannot.
2. When can wine be used?
Ans: Wine can only be used when his life reach ZERO. So when his health is 6, he cannot use Wine to increase his life. Only Peach can do that. On the other hand,Wine can be used at any time with Attack to increase damage.
3. Can a judgement card be drawn if Dong Zhuo is the ruler and a Hero character attacks him and caused a unit of damage?
Ans: Yes the Ruler ability disregards who the victim is . Therefore when any heroes character cause damage to anyone ,even to Dong Zhuo himself, he can flip a judgement card.
4. If a hero does more than one damage(ie wine attack or barbarian), does he get to draw judgemnet based on each individual damage dealt, or just once?
Ans: If Barbarians was used as " Heroes 群雄 '' player, every single player that gets damaged will result in Dong Zhuo drawing judgement. If there was 7 other players who are damaged by Barbarians , Dong Zhuo can flip judgement 7 times. Same apply to Raining Arrows and other multi-player damage cards.
5. What happens if Zhou Tai is in play, and his health is at -1, and Dong Zhuo's health is at 1, would he have to kill himself?
Ans: Yes. Provided Dong Zhuo has been around so long that his health and health limit has been reduced to only 1 unit . If Zhou Tai is still around in his perpetual brink of death status , Dong Zhuo would have to kill himself !
6. If Dong Zhuo is the ruler then how much health he gets ?
Ans: He gets 9 units of health .